Responsible for the overall project planning and scheduling, resource allocation, project accounting and control, while providing technical direction and ensuring compliance with quality standards.
Responsibilities: (included, but not limited to)
- Prepare bids and negotiate specifications for materials, equipment, manpower, or other construction services.
- Attend pre-bid meetings or conference calls as requested.
- Secure all necessary approvals and ensure that standard company procedures are followed.
- Monitor compliance of contract requirements ensuring all conditions are satisfied before approval of the final invoice.
- Manage construction project contracts, reporting and related documents.
- Maintain project budgets and timelines.
- Establish and updates records of all correspondence related to contract activity.
- Lien waiver maintenance and subcontractor insurance verification.
- Obtain approval on and process contractor invoices for payment.
- Input payments, print checks and assist with month/year end closing procedures.
- Reconciliation and reporting of Corporate credit cards program.
- Provide support to the Project Manager’s and Superintendents as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- 3+ years’ experience in the administration of contracts (construction/housing industry experience a must).
- Job costing/project tracking experience required.
- Accounts payable experience (QuickBooks preferred).
- Competent in Microsoft applications including Excel, Word and Outlook.
- Attention to detail and ability to multi-task.
- Extensive knowledge in the preparation of RFP’s/bids, scope of work statements, preparing contract amendments/change orders.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical and interpersonal skills.